<< How I chose the right college

What are you thinking about as you search for colleges?

It’s a really hard decision to choose between big and small campuses. The big ones will be good for meeting a lot of people, but the bad thing is that I would rarely get to see the people that I meet. I haven’t decided on which size campus I prefer yet. The school has to be in Southern California because I love the weather here and the Asian population is great!
Billy Lin, 17, Wilson HS (Hacienda Heights)
I’m looking for scholarships, grants, loans, anything that will help me pay for college. I play football and hopefully I get a scholarship. Going out of state feels good but at the same time it’s scary. I don’t know too many people outside of California, but I could make it work.
James Jones, 17, Washington Prep HS
I want to study nursing. I want to go where my mom went. She’s an RN and she went to Mount St. Mary’s. I’m looking forward to going there.
Christine Grant, 17, Washington Prep HS
I’m not moving out of state. I don’t want to leave my mom.
Tanequa Gray, 17, Washington Prep HS
I want to go to school somewhere in the Midwest, Chicago or Michigan. I want to see what other cities are like and see other places.
Anthony Garcia, 17, Washington Prep HS
A campus that is not so big that I feel like I’ll get lost, but not so small that it feels like four more years of high school [and] a good business program that I can major in to be in hotel or restaurant management.
Alison Quistberg, 18, Wilson HS (Long Beach)
I’m one of three children and I’m the first to go to college so financial aid is a major issue if I want to go to college. A campus near the beach in a big city close to home [and] a good academic reputation.
Melissa Peterson, 17, Wilson HS
A good reputation, a pretty campus near home, a good photography program and a major in education so I can be a teacher.
Britney White, 17, Wilson HS
I want my college to be somewhere close to home so I can live at home. It’ll be cheaper. I’m looking for grants, student loans.
Gereke Cook, 17, Washington Prep HS