<< It's in our hands

Do you think teens can make a difference? How do you help?

“I do think that teens can make a difference by spreading the word about global warming and telling others some of the possible causes and effects and what will eventually happen if we don’t take measures to do something about it. We can start at home by recycling, using the least energy required and making sure we don’t waste energy by leaving lights and TV on and by taking the bus, walking instead of a car, and taking shorter trips. I recycle, turn off the lights, brush my teeth with no water and make sure I take the bus.”
Janett Guzman, 15, Fairfax HS
“Yes, I believe teens can make a difference because being the next generation, we can work towards finding possible solutions to this problem. Yeah I recycle.”
Justin Edwards, 16, Fairfax HS
“Yeah, by changing their habits. I take shorter showers.”
Jordan Calvin, 16, Fairfax HS
“Yeah, ‘cause everyone can cut down on driving and electricity. I did a project for school to spread awareness. And I walk instead of driving when things are close by.”
Chloe Gaffney, 17, Polytechnic School (Pasadena)
“Well, I think anyone can make a difference, so teens are no different. I recycle, I try to walk when I can instead of driving.”
Anna Martinelli, 19
“Yes. Me and my friends walk everywhere.”
Bianca Hernandez, 15, Sonora HS (La Habra)
“I don’t think they can do anything, it’s out of their control. I try to conserve but it’s more than that.”
Jill Bonomolo, 18