<< True Love? — I fell for Mr. Wrong

Is your boyfriend extremely jealous or possessive? Does he accuse you of flirting or cheating on him? Does he constantly check up on you or always make you check in with him?

Does he tell you how to dress or how much makeup to wear?

Does he try to control what you do and who you see? Does he try to keep you from seeing or talking to your family and friends?

Does he have big mood swings where one minute he is angry and yelling at you, and the next minute he is sweet and apologetic and says he can’t live without you? Do you often feel like you’re "walking on eggshells" around him?

Does he put you down or criticize you and make you feel like you can’t do anything right or that no one else would want you?

Does he yell, grab, shove, punch, slap, hold you down, throw things or hurt you in any way?

Does he threaten to hurt you or somebody you care about (like himself, your family, your friends or your pets)?

Does he force or pressure you into having sex or going further than you want to?

If you answered yes to some of these questions, your relationship may not be as healthy as you deserve.

Break the Cycle can help. (310) 286-3366 or (888) 988-TEEN or help@breakthecycle.org.

For more information on how to stay safe while you’re in an abusive relationship or leaving a relationship, see the Web site at www.breakthecycle.org.

Copyright Break the Cycle.