<< Healthy and delicious

By Kimia Poosti, 17, Palisades Charter HS

Chocolate Pudding

"I decided to make chocolate pudding because I hardly ever cook but pudding is simple, yet delicious. Using instant pudding mix is very easy to do but I wanted to see if I could make it from scratch. The ingredients in the mix are probably not the best for your health, but it turns out that there are things you can replace them with. It was fairly easy to figure out ingredients to replace because I use many of them regularly, such as cane sugar and soy milk. The pudding itself didn’t turn out tasting all that bad, although it was a bit runny. I’m sure it could be perfected with a little more time and effort." —Kimia Poosti

Ingredients:
10 tablespoons cane sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1.2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups low-fat milk
1 cup chocolate soy milk
1 cup water
1 tablespoon margarine

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except margarine in saucepan on a low to medium heat until pudding thickens. Stir in margarine when cooling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Taste-tester said:

"Chocolate-y! Sort of runny but still excellent." Emily Clarke, 14, Palisades Charter HS

Other recipes:
Pizza | Cactus salad | Nut bread | Peach crisp | Peanut butter cookies | Blueberry muffins | Banana Cream Pie | Dobladas