This year’s art contest is inspired by light—daylight, nightlight, lamplight or any light. Perhaps the sun makes you think of sunny Southern California, the sunshine of your life, or what you love about a beautiful day. What is on the sunny side of your mind? What lights up your life?
DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2007
• The contest entry must be the original artwork of a Los Angeles-area youth ages 13 to 19.
• The work may be done in any medium, including acrylics, oils, charcoal, pencil, pen, watercolor, collage, multimedia, photography or sculpture. The dimensions should be 8 1/2” by 11”.
• Three-dimensional artwork should include a photograph of the artwork.
• Each artist may submit only one entry.
• The artist’s name, age, address and phone number should be indicated on the back of the artwork. If the artist is in school, the institution’s name should be included. If the artwork was created as an assigned project in a classroom, the teacher’s name should be listed. Artwork will be returned if a return address is provided.
The teen staff of L.A. Youth will select a first-, second- and third-place winner as well as some honorable mentions. The first-place winner and his or her teacher will each receive $75. Second- and third-place winning students and teachers will each receive $50. Winners and honorable mentions will be published in the May-June 2007 issue of L.A. Youth newspaper.
Questions? Contact (323) 938-9194 or